IT Support Specialist
|Title:||IT Support Specialist|
|Work Location:||New Berlin, WI|
As an IT Helpdesk Specialist you will ensure the highest level of user success and satisfaction by providing efficient, timely, and appropriate responses to help desk tickets.
Main duties will include:
- Working as a level one help desk responder.
- Maintaining detailed help desk records.
- Providing technical support to all system users.
- Maintaining documentation on all IT activities and procedures.
- Investigating, diagnosing, and resolving PC, network, hardware and software problems.
- Installing PCs/laptops based on predefined specifications.
- Repairing PC hardware.
- Completing New Hire and Separation IT Tasks.
- Completing monthly Microsoft Windows updates, as directed.
This role is temporary in nature (3 month commitment to start) and will work 40 hours per week. WennSoft, a Microsoft Partner, develops software applications and provides business management solutions for the project-oriented, field service and equipment management industries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Help Desk Support
- Provide help desk contact, support, and follow-through on a daily basis.
- Accurately maintain service requests using help desk software.
- Maintain and audit hardware inventory & individual personal computer records.
- Create and maintain documentation for IT related activities and procedures.
- Investigate, diagnose and resolve user related connectivity issues, including remote user support.
- Troubleshooting/Technical Support
- Understand and support operation of various company servers.
- Monitor anti-spam and anti-virus software and ensure resolution.
- Set-up new personal computers based on pre-defined specifications.
- Install necessary software patches, updates, and fixes on user personal computers.
- Research prices; get quotes for hardware and software.
- Diagnosis and resolve personal computer related technical problems.
- Other Duties
- Assist with backups such as switching out tapes and evaluating the previous night backups for successes/failures.
- Administratively support the IT/Internal Operations department.
- Work weekend or evening hours on monthly Microsoft updates and special projects as needed.
- Act as secondary backup for telephone and paging systems’ support.
- Initiate contact with technical service providers.
- Maintain appropriate stock levels of various IT supplies as well as an organized stock room.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGY
- Associate's degree (A.A./A.S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- 1 to 3 years of experience and/or training is required.
- Proficient to expert level with PC Hardware.
- Working proficiency level with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook; networking and cabling; and the internet.
- Beginner level with Microsoft Access; Microsoft Project; Microsoft Visio ; applications; audio/visual equipment; and with query/webquery.
- Personal Computer with XP, Vista, Windows 7/8
- Servers with Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012
- Servers with SQL 2005, SQL 2008, SQL 2008 R2, 2012
- Microsoft Business Application System Training and Experience, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Hyper-V, VPC, or other Virtual Computer Software preferred
- Terminal Services or Citrix, preferred
- Microsoft Visio Experience preferred
- Microsoft Project training or experience preferred
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0, CRM 2011 Administration Training and/or Experience preferred
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications